Phoenix Place neighborhood to begin this year.
In 2010 Habitat for Humanity of Orange County (HHOC) began building Phoenix Place, a well-designed, affordable subdivision of green-certified homes within the Rogers Road community in Chapel Hill.
Phoenix Place will provide the opportunity of homeownership to 50 local families who otherwise would be unable to purchase a home in Orange County.
- Concept plan developed with community input
- Homes will remain affordable for at least 99 years to families earning up to 80% area median income
- All green-built homes, certified under the Home Builders Association of Durham, Orange, and Chatham Counties Green Building Initiative
- Less than 1 mile from top-rated schools: Seawell Elementary, Smith Middle, and Chapel Hill High
- Only 5 miles from large employment centers, UNC-CH and UNC Hospitals, and within 2 miles of shopping, services, Town recreation centers
- Community garden, green spaces, picnic shelter, and playground
- City water and sewer
- Homeowners Association