LAST UPDATED 8.18.21
As of August 23, 2021, all people coming to site will need to do one of the following:
1. Proof of a full dosage of Vaccination completed two weeks prior or
2. A negative Covid Test completed within 48 hours of the start of the volunteer shift.
If you have previously submitted your vaccine card, we still have it on file and do not need to resubmit it. If not, you can upload them yourself on your Volunteer Hub account. You can also email Volunteer Engagement Manager Ansel a picture of it at firstname.lastname@example.org or 469-999-2592. If you need to submit a Covid test result, please email or text proof of negative test to Ansel, preferably the night before the shift.
All volunteers will need to bring a mask to site regardless of vaccine status. You will be required to wear a mask under the following conditions:
1. If you are working with other people inside a house with windows and a roof or
2. At all times on site if you have not provided proof of vaccination
We reserve the right to switch to an “All Mask All the Time” policy if cases within Orange County grow.
Number of volunteers on site
The number of volunteers per site is capped at 12 per house/construction staff member. If a shift is full, no additional people will be permitted to participate in the build. Please note that the shift is from 8AM-3PM with a lunch break. Participants can either eat onsite or leave and return to site.
Sign up before you show up
All volunteers must register online prior to the builds in order to maintain the appropriate social distancing onsite. If you have not signed up, you will be asked to leave site.
Items to bring
- A Face Mask. Regardless of vaccine status, we ask you bring a face mask in case you do a task that is indoors.
- Water bottle. We are starting to bring back communal water coolers, but it is still important to bring your own water for the summertime shifts.
- Lunch. Volunteers have the option to stay and eat lunch on site or leave and come back.
- Hand tools. (optional) To reduce sharing of tools, please feel free to bring your own hand tools. Suggested tools include: speed square, catspaw, measuring tape, chalk line, hammer, carpenter’s pencil.
All volunteers must be ages 16+ to volunteer on new home construction. Volunteers below the ages of 18 will not be permitted to volunteer without a completed youth waiver.